The Cavemen hosted the Penn Kingsmen on Tuesday night in the last home dual meet of the year. As with all of our meets this season, the night was filled with fast swims, great dives, and a slew of big achievements. With the Girls’ regular season finished, single-squad meets move a lot more quickly than usual, which means a lot less rest between events. That didn’t stop the Cavemen from earning an impressive 12 PRs on the night, nor did racing after a full practice session before the meet. A few notable performances:
– Freshman Davin Cockey had a night of firsts, completing both the 200 Individual Medley and the 100 Butterfly for the first time in competition.
– Freshman Edwin Serrano joined Davin for his first time swimming the 100 Butterfly as well.
– Senior Ryan Watt completed his first ever 500 Freestyle, then turned around immediately after to anchor the 200 Free Relay.
– Sophomore Braxton Banks broke into the double-digits in his 100 Freestyle, clocking under a minute for the first time ever.
– Senior Captain Eric Arseneau earned 1st place in the 100 Breaststroke.
The Cavemen head to Washington next week to close out the regular season and then it’s off to Elkhart for our Northern Indiana Conference Championship and back home a few weeks later for Boys Sectionals at Mishawaka.
See you next week!