Below you will find School City of Mishawaka Winter Guidelines for Cavemen Athletics. At this time we will not allow fans at swimming events, while wrestling meets will move to The Cave to provide a bigger venue. Wrestling, Boys Basketball and Girls Basketball will all have spectator limitations, including only allowing immediate families of the participants to attend. Those family members will purchase their tickets online. Fans unable to attend games are encouraged to watch on The Mishawaka Network.
Mishawaka Athletics Event Guidelines
Until further notice, School City of Mishawaka will utilize the following guidelines for all fine arts, extra-curricular, co-curricular, and athletic events in respect of the recommendations made on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 by the St. Joseph County Department of Health with support from St. Joseph County Unified Command:
- Those permitted to attend events include the participants, directors, coaches, and personnel needed to supervise and conduct the event.
- Spectators permitted to attend events are exclusively limited to the parents/guardians and siblings of the participants. This includes step-parents and step-siblings.
- Unfortunately, this does not include grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or other relatives.
- Additionally, this does not include students not directly participating in the event or general fans.
- Those qualifying for tickets with the guidelines above are not permitted to sell or give unused tickets away.
- All spectators will be required to wear masks and social distance at all times.
- For athletic events, these guidelines are to be followed by all visiting school teams and spectators.
- No visiting cheer teams are allowed until further notice.
- We risk moving to no spectators and/or no events should we have issues following this guidance.
- Live streaming will be available for some events.
- We must all do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Please note, guidelines for certain venues could be altered due to size and space.